F5 Cloud Services will migrate to our new F5® Distributed Cloud SaaS Platform.
At the beginning of 2021 we acquired Volterra (now F5® Distributed Cloud Services). With the addition of this unique multi-cloud application technology, F5 is creating a next generation SaaS and edge platform built to support emerging enterprises and service providers use cases.
This new platform will allow you to take advantage of:
- A unique, edge infrastructure enabling your critical app workloads and services to be deployed outside of your data centers and the cloud.
- Critical cloud networking capabilities for connecting and servicing your workloads across hybrid or multi-cloud environments.
- New API security capabilities and an even more robust, multi-layered app security functionality including DDoS mitigation, WAF, Bot detection and mitigation etc.
One of the critical steps in our product strategy is the integration/consolidation of our SaaS suite of app services. So, over the next several months, we will be transitioning each service from F5 Cloud Services to F5® Distributed Cloud Services. While the new platform experience will be like the current one in F5 Cloud Services, this migration opens the door to your new future with F5. This is where we will focus all our F5 SaaS development.
As part of the transition, there will be no new development within the F5 Cloud Services platform; however, all existing offerings will be maintained until migration, and bug/security fixes will be addressed, as necessary. Our support team and Customer Success Team will be available to you before, during and after your service migration.
The service transition will take place over several months. To limit potential service impacting events, migrations will take place a service at a time. Individual service migration plans are in progress, and we will be sharing more updates with specifics for each directly with the specific customer/user group(s).
- F5 Cloud Services Migration to New F5® Distributed Cloud SaaS Platform FAQs
- F5® Distributed Cloud Documentation