A regions is a geographic area specified by continents, countries, and states/provinces. These will be used in the load balanced record (LBR) for specifying proximity rules for end-user requests. In other words, you can direct end-user requests to specific pools based on their region of origin.
- Region name - Specify a unique name for this region. You will use this name when selecting regions while creating your load balanced record.
- Add notes here - Add any description or other information about the region.
- Include these continents - Select continents that are part of this region.
- Include these countries - Select countries that are part of this region.
- Include these states/provinces - Select states/provinces that are part of this region.
- Save and create another - If checked, then the Create button will create the region you've specified, clear the fields, and allow you to immediately create another region.
The Region name and Include these continents fields are required, but the Include these countries and Include these states/provinces fields will default to “none” if left blank. Furthermore, these fields are all independent of each other, and all are added together to create the region. For instance, if you select Europe, Japan, and California in these fields, then any request coming from the content of Europe or the country of Japan or the US state of California will be covered by this region.