An IP endpoint is the IP address of the network endpoint—the server hosting an instance of an app or website. When an end-user request comes in, one of these IP addresses will be selected to handle the end-users request, based on your load balancing configuration. The Create IP Endpoint slide panel allows you to define where those application instances exist and choose which monitor to use for a health check.
- Name the IP endpoint - Choose a unique name for this instance of your application.
- What's the IP address of your endpoint
- What's the port? - specify the port to use when communicating with this IP endpoint.
- Monitor - Select a monitor from the drop-down list of previously created monitors.
- + Create Monitor - Click this If you haven't already created the monitor you need for this IP endpoint. Another slide panel will appear to allow you to create the monitor. For more information, see Create an application health monitor.