The F5 DNS Load Balancer Cloud Service is a global server load balancing (GSLB) solution offered in the cloud as a service. In other words, it is a SaaS solution for GSLB. It can provide automatic failover, load balancing across multiple locations, increased reliability by avoiding a single point of failure, and increased performance by directing traffic to the optimal site. It does this by monitoring application availability and performance, and then dynamically responding to client DNS queries in order to direct traffic based on rules that you define.
The DNS Load Balancer dashboard makes it easy to monitor your load balancing services including the overall health and status of each individual service.
Subscribe to DNS Load Balancer
Getting up and running with DNS Load Balancer is easy. You will need a Cloud Services account, and you will need to subscribe to the DNS Load Balancer Cloud Service.
- Navigate to portal.cloudservices.f5.com and create an F5 Cloud Services Account, if you don’t already have one.
- Log into your new account and click Subscribe to get started or start your 30-day free trial.
Need more help on how to sign up and subscribe, refer to the signup documentation.
Getting Started with DNS Load Balancer
Getting started is easy—just follow the steps in Create a DNS Load Balancer service to create a complete Load Balanced record to control how traffic is routed to your application.
- Work with DNS Load Balancer
- DNS Load Balancer - Release Notes
- GitHub Lab: F5 DNS Cloud Service & F5 DNS Load Balancer Cloud Service